As you ponder your New Year's resolutions for 2022, think about things you can do to improve your sex life! With the right set of resolutions, you can address problem areas and tap into unfulfilled desires, which will allow you to enjoy the best sex of your life, boost passion in your relationship, and keep the spark burning all year long. Need some inspiration? I have you covered with this episode!
I spoke with Dr. Jessica O’Reilly about sexual New Year's resolutions. Dr. Jess is a Toronto-based sexologist, author, speaker, and television personality. She is host of the Sex With Dr. Jess Podcast and the Intimately You program on CityTV. She is also the resident sexologist at Astroglide. We cover a lot of ground in this episode, including:
- Why noisy sex is (usually) better sex, and how to be more vocal in bed if that's something you don't have much experience with.
- How to break sexual routines and suggest new things to try with your partner.
- Why it's important to expand your definition of sex.
- How resolutions to better your physical and mental health can boost your sex life.
- How to be more "in the moment" during sex.
- Practical ways to improve your sexual communication skills.
- Why it's important to incorporate more non-sexual touch into your relationship, and how this can improve your sex life.
To learn more about Dr. Jess and listen to her podcast, visit sexwithdrjess.com
You can also follow her on social media @sexwithdrjess and find her online courses at happiercouples.com
Also, the episode of her podcast Dr. Jess mentions in the show about understanding your core erotic feeling is available here
Here's to a very happy--and sexy--year ahead!
This podcast was made on Zencastr. Join Zencastr today and receive 40% off of their professional plan for 3 months with my exclusive discount code: sexandpsych
Want to learn more about Sex and Psychology? Click here for previous articles or follow the blog on Facebook, Twitter, or Reddit to receive updates. You can also follow Dr. Lehmiller on YouTube and Instagram.
Listen and stream all episodes on Apple, Spotify, Google, or Amazon. Subscribe to automatically receive new episodes and please rate and review the podcast!
Credits: LEGIT Audio (Podcast editing) and Shutterstock/Florian (Music). Image created with Canva; photos used with permission of guest.